Child Tax Credit Awareness
Thanks to President Biden and Democrats, the largest Child Tax Credit in American history started hitting bank accounts and mailboxes on July 15. Help us share the good news of the Child Tax Credit with your social networks.
The Facts: The Child Tax Credit Expansion
- At the height of the pandemic, an estimated 1.7 million Arizonans or 34% of all adults statewide reported having difficulty covering normal household expenses.
- President Biden understood that our economic recovery needed to include crucial investments to support working families and ensure that they had the means to put food on the table and keep a roof over their children’s heads.
- Through the American Rescue Plan, President Biden and Democrats in Congress provided direct payments of $3,000 per child over the age of six and $3,600 per child under the age of six to more than 1.5 million Arizona families.
- This means a typical family of four with two young children will receive an additional $3,200 in assistance to help cover costs associated with raising children.
- This initiative will lift 112,000 Arizona children out of poverty and cut child poverty in half nationwide.
- Every single Republican in Congress voted against the historic Child Tax Credit expansion — including Arizona’s own Reps. Gosar, Biggs, Schweikert, and Lesko.
How the CTC Works
- While tax relief is typically available only when you file your taxes, thanks to the American Rescue Plan, Child Tax Credit payments will be provided monthly for the first time ever, beginning on Thursday, July 15.
- This means needed relief will reach families sooner, and they can count on it each month to help make ends meet.
- The IRS estimates that roughly 39 million households — covering almost 90 percent of children in the United States — are slated to begin receiving monthly payments without any further action required.
Calls for a Permanent CTC Expansion via the American Families Plan
- Even before the pandemic, a middle-class life – the ability to buy a home, afford child care, send a kid to college, save up to retire with dignity – was increasingly out of reach for families, and especially for women and people of color.
- If we pass the American Families Plan and extend the historic increase in the Child Tax Credit included in the American Rescue Plan and continue to deliver monthly tax relief for families to help meet the costs of raising children, we will finally be able to reimagine and rebuild a new, stronger economy that leaves no one behind.
- This would benefit 1,507,000 children in Arizona, including 944,000 children of color, and reduce child poverty in the state by 51%.
Sample Social Media Posts You Can Share
- Help is here: Today, the largest Child Tax Credits in American history start hitting bank accounts and mailboxes across Arizona. @POTUS has delivered on his promise to support struggling families & rebuild our communities.
- In Arizona alone, the historic Child Tax Credit expansion will lift over 100,000 children out of poverty. This is all thanks to @POTUS and Democrats.
- As Child Tax Credit payments arrive for the families of 1.5 million Arizona children today, remember: Not a single GOP in Congress supported the relief plan.
Surrogate Sign Up
- Are you or someone you know excited about the largest Child Tax Credit in American History and willing to speak about it publicly? Are you already planning out how your family is going to spend your payment?
- The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP) would love to connect with you! Please fill out this form & the ADP will be in touch. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to ADP’s Rapid Response Director Hannah Goss at email@example.com. Thank you!